KHNA Election 2023
Kerala Hindus of North AmericaNotification of the Biennial Election 2023
The election of members of the KHNA Governing Body for the term 2024-2025 shall be held on November 25, 2023, during the 12th biennial global convention at the Hilton Americas, 1600 Lamar St., Houston, TX 77010. The exact time and the specific location shall be posted at the convention.
Those who are interested in submitting nominations are requested to send their completed nominations to the address (with a digital copy to email) given below by October 11, 2023. Do NOT mail it to the KHNA address. The deadline to withdraw the nomination in writing is November 4, 2023. Nominations should be enclosed in a sealed envelope and marked “NOMINATION”.
A nomination form is attached herewith. Please answer all questions (fill out all blanks) and mail it to the address provided below. Read the attached nomination instructions carefully. Incomplete nominations shall be rejected.
General Qualifications for Candidates and Voters:
- All candidates shall have attained the age of 18 as of August 25, 2023, and shall belong to Kerala Hindus or their descendants, sharing the objectives of KHNA and abiding by the Articles of Incorporation and the bylaws of KHNA.
- All candidates must have registered and paid in full for the KHNA Convention 2023 by August 25th, 2023.
- All Candidates must be in ‘good standing’ and shall not have any financial dues with KHNA. A member or organization in good standing is regarded as having complied with all their explicit obligations without being subject to any form of sanction, suspension, or disciplinary action.
- All Candidates have previously registered and participated in at least one KHNA biennial convention.
- All Candidates are required to have two nominators.
- All voters must be registered for the KHNA Convention 2023, by September 26, 2023, and must be at least 18 years old as of this date.
For additional qualifications and rules, please read the attached instructions. If you are not registered OR in need of a life membership OR institutional membership, visit the KHNA website or contact KHNA officials.
As per new amendments to the bylaws, voting rights for youth attained between the ages of 18 and 26 as of September 26, 2023, are available along with family registration with additional fees. Please contact the KHNA officials.
Postal and email addresses for sending the completed nomination form:
KHNA Election Commissioner
24342 Crowfoot Ct.,
Plainfield, IL 60585
|Balasiva Panicker||V.Gopalakrishnan||Nandakumar Chakkingal|