KHNA Super Dancer
Age Groups: Sub-Junior 5-9, Junior 10-13, Senior 14-18 and Adults: 19 and above
Rules and regulations:
- Registration fees are non-refundable
- Application can be declined at the discretion of KHNA Super Dancer Committee
- There will be 4 rounds of performance including audition round
- Costumes relevant to the dance category are required for all rounds except for audition round. Audition round could be performed in any appropriate attire of choice.
- Prizes will be awarded at the KHNA Convention to be held in Phoenix, AZ from Dec 30, 2021 - Jan 1, 2022.
- All finalists get an opportunity to perform at the KHNA Biennial Convention
- Code of Conduct has to be signed by participant and a parent
- Also, participants get an opportunity to perform in Kaloltsavam during the Convention
- Age consideration will be based on age completion as of April 1, 2021
- Each participant will be assigned an ID after registration and candidates will be intimated about selection and time
- Judges' decision will be final
- KHNA reserves all rights to amend rules of the competition
- KHNA reserves the rights to use videos of competition for publicity purposes
- In case of any disputes, jurisdiction will be in the State of Arizona, Maricopa County
- This will be a live streaming event through media partners and/KHNA FaceBook
- Please send participant video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video Recordings
- Audition Round:
- A continuous recording for 3-5 mins in that category
- Prefer a new recording. But, recent recording from not more 1 year is acceptable for audition round only.
- Other Rounds
- Video times and cut-off dates will be announced later
- Video should be newly made (not previous recordings)
- Audition Round:
- Costumes should be appropriate for the KHNA audience.
- Any inappropriate dressing, body movements, gestures, presentations or lyrics will lead to immediate disqualification at the sole discretion of KHNA organizers.
- Bharatanatyam & Mohiniyattam
- Songs should be classical (movie songs are not allowed unless specified for the round)
- Dances should be performed with traditional attire (costumes, jewelry, chilanka, etc.) relevant to the dance form
- Footwork and complete dancer should be visible in the video
- Video should landscape mode (NOT in Portrait mode)
- Video quality should be of reasonable quality (1080p preferred)
- Video should be continuous. No editing, no special effects, no breaks
- File Name format should be: FirstName_LastName_Dance Category_Age