- Would I require to submit a video recording to complete my registration?
(A) No. But videos would need to be submitted by April 30th, 2021.
- Would I receive a certificate of participation?
A: Yes! All registered participants who auditioned for the competitions, will receive a certificate of participation.
- Would I need to register for the KHNA convention to be eligible to participate?
A: No, However, winners are required to be present at the KHNA convention.
- Is KHNA membership required to be eligible to participate?
- Would other dance categories not specified be allowed?
A: Currently, the competition categories are Bharathanatyam, Mohiniyattom and cinematic.
- Could we participate as a group?
A: No. Only solo participation is allowed.
- Are costumes required for the audition rounds?
A: No, costumes are not required for the audition rounds. However, we recommend the participant wear an appropriate Indian outfit.
- How long should my audition recording be?
A: 3-5 minutes continuous recording.
- Would I be allowed to repeat the same dance item that I presented for audition in a future round?
- Is there a requirement to perform a specific dance item for auditions?
A: No, the participant is allowed to choose an item of their choice for the audition.
- Are movie songs allowed for classical dance categories?
- Would other language songs be allowed for the cinematic dance competitions?
****** Details of other rounds will be provided after the auditions.
- ould costumes be required for subsequent rounds?
A: Yes, costumes would be required for all rounds except auditions.
- Could I repeat the same costume for multiple rounds in traditional dance categories?
- How much preparation time will I be allowed for a subsequent round?
A: You would be allowed 4-6 weeks for the next round.